NFS problem: file doesn't appear in file listing, but can be accessed directly

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Tue Aug 3 14:36:39 UTC 2010

  On 08/03/2010 04:13 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:
> [...]
The mount is used with this:
be01:/home/hm01         /home/hm01      nfs     rw     0   0
So no special flags. I've tried with rdirplus anyways (maybe it's the
opposite), the file can't be seen.
I've mounted the share from an old Solaris box, which sees the file.
> Otherwise, I suspect that it is a bug in either the client or server.
>
> You can try replacing the client and server with the experimental
> ones and see if that fixes the problem.
> For the client: mount with "-t newnfs" instead of "-t nfs"
> For the server: start both mountd and nfsd with the "-e" option
Sure. It works with the newnfs client, so it must be either a weird
interaction between the FreeBSD server and client (old), or a client bug.