few ideas for zfsloader (boot environments)

Navdeep Parhar np at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 29 20:56:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 07:29:58PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> BTW, it's already possible to use FreeBSD+ZFS+GRUB and have this ability (in some
> form).  But it would great to have that "natively".
>
> Couple of useful links:
> http://grub.enbug.org/GRUB2FreeBSDZFS
> http://www.mail-archive.com/grub-devel@gnu.org/msg15161.html
> Thanks to Navdeep for the GRUB work!
>
> BTW, Navdeep, was there any progress on your grub+zfsloader patch?
> Or GRUB folks plainly refused it?

It's all in the email thread that you pointed out.  I got the impression
from the reply that they don't have chainloading high in their priority
list.  But the patch has not been explicitly refused either.  Those
interested in this functionality should consider asking the GRUB folks
to include it.

Regards,
Navdeep