HAST configuration?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 23 06:15:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 09:05:06AM +0900, hiroshi at soupacific.com wrote:
> Hi !
>
> >This is expected. GEOM provider will be available only on primary node,
> >because this is where it should be accessed.
>
> Sorry to confuse you.
> What I said is situation of;
>
> nodea and nodeb, nodeb was downed (say system is failured) .
> and reboot nodea.
>
> nodea is primary condition but not able to access hast/test.
>
> Is this your expectation ?

This is not expected, but remember that hastd daemon is not responsible
for configuring its role automatically. You have to use ucarp, carp or
similar HA software to negotiate role and use 'hastctl role
primary/secondary' command to start hast.

Could you provide output of 'hastctl status' command for both your
nodes?

> p.s. I removed dnsbl.sorbs.net blocker.

Thanks.