HAST: question about secondary outage time

Lorenzo Perone lopez.on.the.lists at yellowspace.net
Tue Apr 20 20:45:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

Welcome to HAST in 8/stable! Happy to see it around.

The manual states..:

> When primary hastd is unable to connect or connection fails,
> it will try to re-establish connection every few seconds.
> Once connection is established, primary hastd will synchronize
> every extent that was modified during connection outage
> to the secondary hastd.

Question: For how long can a secondary be offline before a
full synchronisation becomes necessary? In other words, on which
resources and/or tunables does this depend upon?

Great work pjd, I guess we're all big fans of all your GEOMs, and this
is a welcome new one :)

big Regards,

Lorenzo