kern/145339: [zfs] deadlock after detaching block device from raidz pool

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Apr 16 20:10:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/145339; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, Alex.Bakhtin at gmail.com
Cc: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: kern/145339: [zfs] deadlock after detaching block device from
 raidz pool
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:09:38 +0300

 Are you sure that this is a deadlock?
 If yes, could you please describe what you see in more details.

 I am asking because to me it seems like a NULL pointer crash:
 > cpuid = 1; apic id = 01
 > fault virtual address = 0x48

 It looks like perhaps zio->io_vd became NULL while an I/O response was traveling
 up and vdev_geom_io_intr was not prepared to handle that.

 --
 Andriy Gapon