ZFS resilver/replace changed vdev names from da(4) to gptid

Josh Carter josh at multipart-mixed.com
Tue Nov 17 15:38:09 UTC 2009

Nikolay,

> P.S.: This also makes me wonder how I can safely make all of the other vdevs use gptid, as I plan to replace
> the SATA controller with a new one that probably is going to export the devices as ad(4) or ada(4).

As you mentioned in your follow-up email, I've always found a "zpool export" and "zpool import" to cure all ills when drive logical assignments change. It forces ZFS to forget everything it thinks it knows about the pool and re-create that knowledge from what's on the disk(s). I've had to do this after reconfiguring systems both on OpenSolaris and FreeBSD.

Best regards,
Josh