zfs panic mounting fs after crash with RC2

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Fri Nov 6 12:40:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 13:10:34 +0100 Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com>
wrote about Re: zfs panic mounting fs after crash with RC2:

DA> > unfortunately I got no answer concerning this problem so far on
DA> > -stable and -current (apart from the suggestion to try it again
DA> > here :-). I can reproduce the panic, and if someone can guide me
DA> > what to do with kdb, gdb, zdb or whatever tool might be needed to
DA> > get the information needed to fix this, I'm all ears...

DA> At least a backtrace would be nice. :)

I know. Unfortunately I know not much about debugging the kernel. I read
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-gdb.html>,
but I do not get a kernel core file, because I run the system from a CF
card and use the hds completely for zfs. I have no swap partition I could
dump to.
Is it possible to dump onto a zfs fs? Or is there any other way for
debugging?

cu
  Gerrit