RFT: ZFS MFC

Kai Gallasch gallasch at free.de
Tue May 26 16:51:37 UTC 2009

Kip Macy wrote:
> I've MFC'd ZFS v13 to RELENG_7 in a work branch. Please test if you can.
>
> http://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/kmacy/ZFS_MFC/
>
> The standard disclaimers apply. This has only been lightly tested in a
> VM. Please do not use it with data you care about at this time.

Hi.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/common/zfs/zfs_prop.c

So ZFS v13 is now part of RELENG_7 MAIN.
Did you receive any negative feedback until now?

zpool upgrade:
Should a ZFS v6 pool be upgraded through 'zpool upgrade' while in use?

loader.conf:
My old loader.conf (7.2-STABLE-amd64) settings for zfs:

vm.kmem_size="3072M"
vm.kmem_size_max="3072M"
vfs.zfs.arc_min="120795878"
vfs.zfs.arc_max="2899101078"
# more stability?
vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable=1

Is there a need to keep the old (painfully found :) known to work
settings when upgrading from ZFS v6 to v13 on RELENG_7, because in your
commit message I read: "- the arc now experiences backpressure from the
vm (which can be too much - but this allows ZFS to work without any
tunables on amd64)"

Thanks for MFC'ing v13 for RELENG_7 !!

--Kai.