kern/132068: [zfs] page fault when using ZFS over NFS on 7.1-RELEASE/amd64

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Mar 5 11:30:05 PST 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/132068; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/132068: [zfs] page fault when using ZFS over NFS on
	7.1-RELEASE/amd64
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:26:45 -0600

 ----- Forwarded message from Weldon S Godfrey 3 <weldon at excelsus.com> -----

 From: Weldon S Godfrey 3 <weldon at excelsus.com>
 To: Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com>
 cc: freebsd-fs at FreeBSD.org
 	7.1-RELEASE/amd64

 Are you using v3 NFS or v2?  Switching to v2 has made things MUCH more
 stable for me, however, I still loose stability with ZIL enabled (even if
 prefetch is disabled)(and ZIL disabled is NOT desirable as I know the
 potential client side corruption with that, but so far I haven't run into
 that).  I currently have ZIL and prefetch disabled.  I currently limit
 ARC to 2GB as well and set kmem to 4GB (I currently am using FreeBSD 8)

 I am up to about 1.5 weeks without a panic now.  The system does a
 constant 80-120Mb/s in read and 30Mb/s write/s during the day and has 9
 NFS clients.

 Weldon

 ----- End forwarded message -----