Partitioning disks on PPC for FreeBSD, installer crashes

Tony Theodore tonyt at logyst.com
Sat Jul 25 11:00:08 UTC 2009

> Each time I try to use (C)reate a slice I get a message on the screen saying that I have to do this on a Master Partition....

I think there are several partitioning schemes: Apple (open firmware),
GPT (EFI), and MBR (BIOS). FreeBSD supports either MBR or GPT, but I'm
not sure if sysinstall will recognise anything other than MBR. Have
you tried the "use entire disk" option or do you need to keep other
partitions? Otherwise, I'd try using Apple's disk utility, or
something like gparted, to convert the partition scheme first.

Tony