nfs delay causing broken files

Joe7 admin at kedvenc.hu
Fri Feb 6 11:37:48 PST 2009

Okay,

So although it's likely that kernel hack would do it,
am I right that a wrapper script with open(...O_DIRECT) would do the job?

Basicly i'm creating an file with imagemagick and wanna place that on
the nfs server.
So I assume if I create the file locally and copy over using a little
script that uses open(.. O_DIRECT), it would just work?
Application is PHP+imagemagick binary thus pretty high level compared
to this stuff, but please let me know if you agree!

Thanks
Joe

Idézet (Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca>):