Plans for Logged/Journaled UFS

David N davidn04 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 03:28:45 UTC 2009

2009/12/22 Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip at tutopia.com>:
> [...]

Hi,

Ext3 by default only journals the meta-data
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

>From http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ext3_Filesystem_Tips
"By default, ext3 partitions mount with the 'ordered' data mode. In
this mode, all data is written to the main filesystem and its metadata
is committed to the journal, whose blocks are logically grouped into
transactions to decrease disk I/O"

You have to enable full journalling by setting the option in fstab to
journal everything.

Regards
David N