zpool create fails on gpart device

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 8 10:28:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 11:06:18PM -0600, Kurt Touet wrote:
> I've updated to r200237 and I am getting the same error.  Is there
> another way that I can go about troubleshooting this?

I looked at you ktrace closly. Your zpool calls pread(2) four times on
your partition, where in my ktrace I see only one pread(2). Also two of
the pread(2) have invalid offset and get EIO.

Could you show the output of:

	# diskinfo -v /dev/da1{,p3}

Try setting vfs.zfs.debug to 2, then retry the creation and watch logs.