need help with ZFS

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 29 16:00:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 06:50:08PM +0400, Mikhail (Plus Plus) wrote:
> Mikhail (Plus Plus) wrote:
> >Hm, and just as I thought there's no COM port on that server, so I can't
> >redirect console output to another server. Is there any other way to
> >copy "bt" output? I can only think of making a phone camera picture of
> >the screen.
>
> Here's "bt" output I get after system panics on running
>
> bonnie++ -s17000 -d. -n128
>
> for about 10 minutes:
>
> http://omploader.org/vMjg5aQ/IMG_0057.jpg
[...]

I'm running your test on pretty low-end h/w (i386, 1GB of RAM, two cores)
and cannot reproduce the problem for few hours now. The only tuning I did
was to set vm.kmem_size to 1GB. You still need to do this very tuning even
on amd64.

Could you post output of:

	# sysctl vm.kmem_size
	# sysctl vm.kmem_size_max
	# sysctl vfs.zfs
	# zpool status
	# zpool list
	# zfs get all <your_test_fs>

And place /var/run/dmesg.boot somewhere?