Booting from ZFS raidz

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Thu Apr 16 09:01:30 PDT 2009

According to Stefan Bethke:
> Created a GPT label and one partition on each of the three drives:
>
> 	gpart create -s gpt $1
> 	gpart add -b 34 -s 128 -t freebsd-boot $1
> 	gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 $1
> 	gpart add -b 512 -s 41900000 -t freebsd-zfs $1
> 	gpart list $1

Coming back to this thread, I'm playing with this setup (and the script
mentioned in another thread).  When I try to

zpool set bootfs=tank

with tank containing a raidz array, zpool refuses to set the property,
saying it is not available.  Using the same commandline on a mirror works.
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/