kern/131086 : [ext2fs] mkfs.ext2 creates rotten partition

aditya sarawgi sarawgi.aditya at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:53:27 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have reproduced this bug and there is no problem with mkfs.ext2.
mkfs.ext2 has been updated to create partitions having default inode
size of 256 bytes which is not supported by ext2fs 7.1-RELEASE (it
supports only 128 bytes). This problem is similar to kern/124621,
	kern/125536 and kern/128173.

I'm attaching my mkfs.ext2 logs, dump of the file system and a patch
that has been committed to  8.0-CURRENT to fix this problem.

--
Cheers,
Aditya Sarawgi