bsdlabel partiton c error message on new install

andys a.smith at ukgrid.net
Tue Oct 21 09:42:08 UTC 2008

Hi Ulf,

  thanks a lot for your answer, previously I'd asked this question on the
freebsd-questions list and someone suggested asking it here as they didnt
know the answer, however I did get pretty much 2 responces telling me to
reinstall the OS!! :S

For example I had this answer:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-October/184617.htm

So I assume you would disagree with this and the other person who advised me
this was a serious error? And if this actually isnt a problem, does bsdlabel
need to be updated (and the man page) to reflect the fact this can be seen
on a healthy system?

thanks a lot! Andy.