ZFSBoot try and bsdlabel bootstrap code

Olivier SMEDTS olivier at gid0.org
Thu Nov 20 08:20:28 PST 2008

2008/11/20 Doug Rabson <dfr at rabson.org>:

> The process for install zfsboot is a bit manual (and undocumented). Try
> something like this:
>
>        # dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/da0s1 count=1
>        # dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ds0s1 skip=1 seek=1024

Great, I'm going to try that.
Thanks !

> Alternatively, you might try using the brand new support for GPT that I
> committed yesterday:
>
>        # gpt create -f da0
>        # gpt boot -b /boot/pmbr -g /boot/gptzfsboot da0
>        # gpt add -t freebsd-zfs da0
>        # zpool create mypool da0p2

I like testing brand new FreeBSD features on my brand old boxes.
I'm going to have fun this weekend :)

Cheers,
Olivier

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."