Will XFS be adopted

Dan dan-freebsd-fs at ourbrains.org
Tue Nov 18 16:17:21 PST 2008

Peter Schuller(peter.schuller at infidyne.com)@2008.11.18 18:52:10 +0100:
> However, the implication when people say that ZFS "wastes" a bunch of
> memory, seems to be that it somehow just uses up a bunch of memory for
> no good reason other than some kind of bloat. This is not the case.

Has anyone done any bechmarks? Is the cache really helping that much? If
it doesn't, and it performs similarly to other journaling FSes that do
not use this much RAM, well, if it's not waste then what?

Does it guarantee the same atomicity that UFS does? Is it OK to run an
email server on it? Will I lose messages in cases of powerfail/crash?