Will XFS be adopted

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 9 11:15:12 PST 2008

Michael Fuckner wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>
> Hi!
>> With XFS being adopted by Linux now for a number of years, I wonder why
>> it hasn't been by FreeBSD.
> this is not correct.
>
> Please read man 5 xfs.
> The xfs file system support first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0.

Well yes, but you can't really call read-only support for a file system
its proper adoption. AFAIK there have even been talks of removing
reiserfs and xfs as the read-only support is almost useless and there
have been problems maintaining them actively (nobody's interested enough).

FWIW, I'd like read-write XFS, too, regardless of ZFS.