ZFS patches.

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Tue Jul 29 10:57:14 UTC 2008

I now see a weird problem after upgrading to the latest ZFS.

I have a filesystem which is NFS exported.

Before the upgrade I could write to this FS w/o any problems.  Now,
after the upgrade, I see the following very strang behzvior:

[on the client]
cp 0001-Change-from-Keymile-to-support-CS4.patch /u7/garyj/proj/coge
cp: cannot create regular file `/u7/garyj/proj/coge/0001-Change-from-Keymile-to-support-CS4.patch': Input/output error

[on the server]
garyj:peedub:coge:-bash:9> ll *CS4*
----------   1 garyj  tty          0 Jul 29 12:48 0001-Change-from-Keymile-to-support-CS4.patch

The uid on both machines is identical.  I have not changed any settings
in /etc/exports or the ZFS.  I also can't explain where the GID tty comes
from, since earlier the GID was always garyj.

If I touch the file on the server first then the cp succeeds.  Very
inconvenient.

Any help?

---
Gary Jennejohn