birthtime initialization

Pedro Giffuni pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 18:11:47 UTC 2008

--- Mar 22/7/08, Bruce Evans <brde at optusnet.com.au> ha scritto:

> > Tim has some patches I made to add support for
> birthtime in libarchive (only in extended pax format) as a
> LIBARCHIVE.creationtime attribute.
> >
> > Since birthtime is set by modifying mtime twice with
> utimes(2), the only criteria I used to determine if
> birthtime should be stored is if it was less than mtime. I
> hope something can be done to make that behavior consistent
> with UFS2 in all other filesystems.
>
> Can't it check for st_birthtime.tv_sec being != 0 or
> -1?

OK, I can do that, in fact I had it like that originally but then strictly speaking those values are valid and I had to check for birthtime==mtime anyways. Admittedly no BSD system was available before Jan 1st 1970 so I will modify the check to avoid those times.

Pedro.

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina