Filesystem is not clean - run fsck

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Jul 11 10:25:47 UTC 2008

Carlos Luna wrote:
 > Yes, that would be the case. There is a patch made by someone to the fsck to
 > "solve" this, but who made the pacth said too "expect lot loose of date",
 > son I'm just looking for a harmless solution. By the way I'm just triyng to
 > mount it read-only.

You used fsck -y, so you should already expect to have
lost data.  Quoting from the manual page's description
of the -y option:  "this should be used with great caution
as this is a free license to continue after essentially
unlimited trouble has been encountered."

Best regards
   Oliver

"People still program in C.  People keep writing shell scripts.  *Most*
people don't realize the shortcomings of the tools they are using because
they a) don't reflect on their workflows and they are b) too lazy to check
out alternatives to realize there is help." -- Simon 'corecode' Schubert