ZFS patches.

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Sun Aug 17 22:14:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20080727.patch.bz2
>>
>> The patch above contains the most recent ZFS version that could be found
>> in OpenSolaris as of today. Apart for large amount of new functionality,
>> I belive there are many stability (and also performance) improvements
>> compared to the version from the base system.
>>
>> Check out OpenSolaris website to find out the differences between base
>> system version and patch version.
>>
>> Please test, test, test. If I get enough positive feedback, I may be
>> able to squeeze it into 7.1-RELEASE, but this might be hard.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please use mailing lists
>> (freebsd-fs at FreeBSD.org would be the best).
>>
>> Thank you in advance!
>>

> I upgraded from 7-STABLE to 8-CURRENT yesterday with no issues, so I figured
> I'd try these.
>
> No issues, and now happily running zpool version 11 zfs version 3 on all my
> fs's (except root :) )

One comment, when I issue zfs commands against filesystems I get the following:

WARNING pid 2412 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 2412 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 2479 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 2479 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 2479 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 2479 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12
WARNING pid 2494 (zfs): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffcc285a12

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893