Which GSSAPI library does FreeBSD use?

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Aug 7 23:53:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Doug Rabson wrote:

> Try using current - I updated heimdal to 1.1 in current.
>
> The GSS-API implementation in 7.x and current is a plugin system which
> heimdal's krb5 code plugs into as a GSS-API mechanism provider. With heimdal
> 1.1, it also supports spnego and ntlm as plugins.

Well, vanilla Heimdal-1.1 seems to work fine. However, when I try to link
to the libraries in FreeBSD-CURRENT, I get a bunch of multiply defined
globals, because it gets both external.o and gss_names.o, out of
libgssapi.a and libgssapi_krb5.a respectively.

Btw, I was able to use gss_inquire_sec_context_by_oid() to get the
session key out of the security context.

rick