ZFS Advice

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Thu Aug 7 17:59:30 UTC 2008

Wes Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Adam McDougall wrote:
>
>> Wes Morgan wrote:
>>> On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Peter Schuller wrote:
>>> Hmmm... That PCI-X card is interesting. Supermicro also lists this:
>>>
>>> http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-USAS-L8i.cfm
>>>
>>> http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/standard_product_ics/sas_ics/lsisas1068e/index.html
>>>
>>> Not much onboard ram, but it's PCI-E and even SAS. CDW lists it for
>>> $155.

I think CDW is mistaken in saying it's a PCI-E card, UIO is a
proprietary Supermicro bus that some of their motherboards support.

    http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/UIO.cfm

Too bad, that's a good price for an 8-port SAS card.  I've got some
LSI-branded PCI-X and PCI-E SAS cards that have been working very well
with ZFS and SATA drives, but the 8-port card was more like $288.

	Barry