zpool degraded - 'UNAVAIL cannot open' functioning drive

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Thu Aug 7 06:44:45 UTC 2008

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> Correct, it's a FreeBSD ATA subsystem/driver problem.

I tried 8.0-CURRENT on marvell's, nvida's and intel's controllers.
Hot plug and attach/detach works on any of these controllers without
any problems.. What i should to do to get similar problems? :)

> My advice at this point in time, because as of today I have officially
> lost faith in it: avoid ata(4) at all costs.

I tried to contact you some time ago, but didn't receive any
answers.. Do you still want to resolve your problems with ATA?

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov