zpool degraded - 'UNAVAIL cannot open' functioning drive

Vye Wilson vyeperman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 05:35:55 UTC 2008

I tested it again and it seems I was mistaken in my last email. If the drive
is removed manually it will _not_ show up in atacontrol.

atacontrol attach ata3
atacontrol: ioctl(IOCATAATTACH): File exists
[root at Touzyoh /home/vye]# atacontrol list
ATA channel 3:
    Master:      no device present
    Slave:       no device present
[root at Touzyoh /home/vye]# atacontrol detach ata6
[root at Touzyoh /home/vye]# atacontrol attach ata6
Master:      no device present
Slave:       no device present

I'm not sure what happened the first few times but if I reboot the server
the device will show up in atacontrol and the zpool will resilver. This
doesn't seem to be a ZFS problem like I originally thought.

Thanks.

--
--Vye