ZFS and disk naming change (ex. da0->da4)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Wed Oct 24 08:26:34 PDT 2007

> I have an experimental (but that does not mean, I wouldn't like to get my
> data back :) zpool, which was created with something like this:
> zpool create people raidz2 /dev/da0 /dev/da3 /dev/da4, etc

[snip]

> My question is: what now? Is it possible to regain the pool, or is it
> totally busted now? I am not sure that I can figure out which device is
> which now...

I believe a re-import of the pool will solve this problem.

> ps: I guess next time I will use glabel -I love that- to provide base
> devices...

That's what I do. Even if I don't think it's needed I *always* glabel
because I always end up in some wonky situation where I would have
been less happy if I hadn't ;)

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'