ZFS & MySQL

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 15 05:23:20 PST 2007

Hi,

Can somebody who has done MySQL benchmarks (e.g. Kris Kennaway, but I
don't want to point fingers :) ) try them when MySQL is hosted on ZFS?
I'm currently having a problem where mysqld gets stuck in "zfs" state
and it becomes completely unusable and unkillable. The machine generally
works, but cannot be rebooted from the OS in this case (it must be
manually power-cycled).

I think a (possibly long-ish) stress test on a multi-CPU machine (my own
is only dual, but has a relatively big uptime) with both reading and
writing via mysqld might ferret out a problem with concurrency.