NFSv4: where to start?

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Wed Nov 7 07:48:43 PST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to deploy NFSv4 with Kerberos auth with couple of 7.0
> systems. I've seen it work very well on Linux, but FreeBSD seem to
> be a bit behind here, so I need a place to start. AFAIK, there is
> only NFSv4 client in FreeBSD 7.0, and the server is available
> somewhere as set of patches. Are there any guides on NFSv4 at FreeBSD?

My server patches are available anonymous ftp from:
ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4/FreeBSD-CURRENT
- This patch was tested on a May 2007 snapshot, so I'm not sure if it
   will go in easily on the current kernel. If you try it, please let
   me know how it goes.

I don't believe the client is usable at this point, but you can give
it a try.

rick