size limit for TMPFS

Howard Su howard0su at gmail.com
Fri May 18 06:28:43 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Eric Anderson <anderson at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Track the memory usage on your own?  As you allocate, keep a counter and
This is doable. The down site for this is we need another mutex to
protect this resource usage. This mutex will result performance issue.
because this mutex is per mount point. and when alloc/read a node, a
directory.

> total up the usage outside of uma.  (3) sounds good, except it may not
> be accurate, and that could lead to confusion for someone.
Can we state, the tmpfs size only limit to the file size. Meta data
will not be counted. Meta data limit will be adjusted by the kernel
resource or explicitly specified by the user.

--
-Howard