ZFS port to FreeBSD: 2nd patchset available.
Pawel Jakub Dawidek
pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 4 12:39:26 UTC 2007
I'd like to announce availability of the second ZFS patchset for FreeBSD.
And the begining I'd like to thank everyone who reported problems or
success stories. This is very important, because:
1. Seeing people interested in ZFS for FreeBSD gives me great motivation
to spend more time on coding. It is much appreciated!
2. I'm not able to test everything by myself.
List of changes against the 1st patchset:
- Full NFS support including automatic snapshots export and zfs(1)
control. Don't forget to run mountd(8) with two exports files:
/etc/exports and /etc/zfs/exports.
- Missing atomic operations were taken from OpenSolaris, which
eliminates global mutex protection. This improves performance a bit.
- Added various sysctls to vfs.zfs tree.
- Implemented kstat functionality from OpenSolaris based on our sysctls.
Try 'sysctl kstat'.
- ztest, zdb and libzpool are now compilable again and work.
- Access protection cleanups. ZFS pass all fstest regression tests
(available in HEAD under src/tools/regression/fstest/). It doesn't use
suser(9) anymore, only priv(9) KPI.
- Fixed bug preventing ZFS file systems mount via:
# mount -t zfs name /mountpoint
- Fixed orphan event handling in vdev_geom.
- Added BIO_FLUSH support for ZVOL providers.
- Many, many other bug fixes and cleanups.
The patch is available at:
To apply and compile the patch, enter your src directory and:
# patch -p0 < /path/to/zfs_20070303.patch
# make kernel <-- compiles and install patched kernel and
# cd cddl
# make && make install <-- compiles and install userland
utilities and libraries
Please report any problems ('it works without problems!' is nice too).
Pawel Jakub Dawidek http://www.wheel.pl
pjd at FreeBSD.org http://www.FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD committer Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/attachments/20070304/ff023e4a/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-fs