gmirror disks vs partitions

Matthew X. Economou xenophon at irtnog.org
Wed Jan 17 13:27:57 UTC 2007

> Apart from potentially avoiding a whole disk from being copied
> during a resync after a crash, are there any other advantages to
> using partition level mirroring instead of drive level mirroring?

Joe,

Partition-level software RAID plus LVM is how the following Slashdot
poster manages extendable (and inequally sized disk) arrays on Linux:

http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=169386&cid=14117414

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
"Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more
than we can teach them respecting their several kinds of roguery."