UFS2 with SAN

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Wed Feb 14 22:57:32 UTC 2007

"Rick C. Petty" <rick-arla at kiwi-computer.com> writes:
> the Arla client seems to behave just fine on DragonFly, Mac OS X, and all
> other BSDs.  In FreeBSD, it's a wash.

DragonFly support is most likely fading away, AFAIK nobody's testing
it. arla-0.43 (and arla-0-44-branch) should work on FreeBSD 5, let us know
if there are any issues with that.

As for arla post the blockcache rewrite, I now have OpenBSD going through
the basic tests (fails on heavier tests).  If there's anyone with good
knowledge of FreeBSD's vfs who's willing to help me out a bit I think we
could have 6.2 support done in a week or so.  If all is well, that is :)

Last time I tried on 5.5 it kept crashing on me in the turnstile walk.

I'm already funded and can work full time on this, but a FreeBSD hacker
would help a lot.  Any volunteers?

thanks
        /t