UFS2 with SAN

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Tue Feb 13 18:54:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>> You might look at tdfs (fuse module from Ivan Voras I believe).  It's
>> probably horribly beta (not knocking it Ivan - I'm sure it's an amazing
>> start), so lots of testing would need to be done.  It's also most likely
>> not high performance.
>
> Yes, I'm realistic about it - it is "horribly beta" :)

Is there anyone who has looked into using AFS as a distributed filestore
on FreeBSD.

Whouldn't that be ideal for a farm of webservers doing mostly read?

Yes im aware of issues running AFS on 6.x but i belive there exists an
existing implementation under 5.x. And if enough people need it i guess we
could make shure it runs ok under 6.x to.

 	/Chris

--

www.strexa.com