UFS2 with SAN

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Tue Feb 13 18:09:54 UTC 2007

Eric Anderson wrote:

> You might look at tdfs (fuse module from Ivan Voras I believe).  It's
> probably horribly beta (not knocking it Ivan - I'm sure it's an amazing
> start), so lots of testing would need to be done.  It's also most likely
> not high performance.

Yes, I'm realistic about it - it is "horribly beta" :)

Two reasons: one: I couldn't amass enough interested parties to help
test it (and possibly work on it), and second: while it's a nice problem
to tackle, I don't [yet] need it that badly to start working on it
outside of free time). In any case, TDFS doesn't have locking because
FUSE doesn't have it (or didn't when I started doing it), so it stays
single-writer-multiple-readers until that changes.

I'm thinking of re-creating it in kernel mode (and in this form it could
also have locking) but not any time soon. Maybe during the summer (SoC?
probably.).