comments on newfs raw disk ? Safe ? (7 terabyte array)

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Feb 13 08:10:35 UTC 2007

Indigo <indigo at voda.cz> wrote:
 > Ivan Voras wrote:
 > > Randy Bush wrote:
 > > > this thread has been great.  but i suspect it would be greatly
 > > > appreciated if the handbook had a page "How to format and use
 > > > multi-terabyte drives, facts, trade-offs, and recipies."  i am about to
 > > > do this (5TB), have been gathering info, and feel a appropriately
 > > > confused.
 > >
 > > It probably doesn't have to be a handbook chapter - I think an article
 > > would also be good, especially because it would contain "rule of thumb"
 > > information. I'll probably start making one during the next week or
 > > two...
 >
 > It would be nice to have more information about partitioning and
 > filesystem tuning in the handbook. Im not going to write it -but If anyone
 > ever decides to write it Id love to help in any way I can.

Note that there's already quite some information about that
in the tuning(7) manual page.  Have you had a look at it?

Best regards
   Oliver

Any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may
not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix GmbH & Co KG in any way.

"Perl will consistently give you what you want,
unless what you want is consistency."
        -- Larry Wall