UFS2 with SAN

Eric Anderson anderson at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 10 07:10:47 UTC 2007

On 02/10/07 00:54, Chris Haulmark wrote:

> [...]

Well, I'm not sure what issues they had, but have had fantastic success
with NFS and FreeBSD.  FreeBSD with the right hardware and tweaks can
make some NetApp boxes look weak. *cough* WAFL *cough*

>> I agree that it would be fantastic to have a clustered file system for
>> FreeBSD, and I've done lot's of hunting and nagging vendors to support
>> it - but it's just not there.
>
> We should get few bandwagons and get in circle.  It could be likely that
> I could
> provide access for the developers to test and get whatever file system
> and other
> necessaries needed to be working. :)

The problem isn't the environment or hardware, it's developers skilled
to do the work.  They're all either in NDA's, off writing something
else, or just too busy to provide any amount of input.

Eric