New cvsup of 7.0-Current does not allow autstart of Gjournal?

N. Harrington drumslayer2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 22:09:46 PDT 2007

--- Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:33:29PM -0700, N. Harrington wrote:
> >  I did have in /boot/loader.conf  geom_gjournal_load="yes" but it seems to be ignored.
>
> Try instead:
> geom_journal_load="yes"
>
> If you do kldstat, you see that the module is not geom_gjournal, it is
> geom_journal:
>
>  6    1 0xc763e000 13000    geom_journal.ko
>
> --
> Craig Rodrigues
> rodrigc at crodrigues.org

 Giant gigantic Woops!  Thanks!

 Still.. I am so curious why there is no mention of it anyplace in /boot/defaults/ nor in
gjournal's man page.

 Why is the way to actually turn on / really use gjournal being so obfuscated?
 Why isn't it a rc.conf entry like zfs or at least mentioned some place?

 Journaling is to big(todays) disks what SMP is to multi core cpu's. SMP is now standard. Why
isn't journaling?

  Nicole