rsync and smb.

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Wed Aug 1 23:14:44 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 09:16:28AM +1000, Antony Mawer wrote:
> ... in short, the patch by Jim Carroll appears to fix this problem in my
> experience, and I am running with it in production without causing any
> regressions (at least that I have observed -- more eyes are always
> welcome). Thanks!

Well, since you have done a lot of testing with this patch,
and it exists on mainline, I MFC'd it to RELENG_6:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-August/081051.html

> There are also these patches I am led to believe may potentially help
> with communicating with OSX versions of Samba (which likes to talk
> unicode). They may have bit-rotted since and so may need updating for
> -CURRENT:
>
>     http://people.freebsd.org/~imura/kiconv/

It's too bad these patches were not committed a long time ago....they
appear useful.
I don't have an environment to test Samba interoperability between
FreeBSD and OS X, otherwise I would offer to help more.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc at crodrigues.org