distributed filesystems

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Apr 23 11:58:36 UTC 2007

Coda (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/) works well on NetBSD-current, in
which I just fixed the kernel module to conform to updated/simplified
vnode locking rules.  The nice thing about coda is disconnected
operation.  Coda used to work fine on FreeBSD (as well as it worked
anywhere).  So making it work on FreeBSD again may be easy, or it may
involved fixing the Freebsd kernel bits.  If it needs fixing, it
requires minor coda clue, significant vnode clue, and I'll guess 16
hours.

There's also arla (afs working client, and server that I'm not sure of
the status).