ZFS raidz device replacement problem

Ståle Kristoffersen staalebk at ifi.uio.no
Mon Apr 23 10:56:17 UTC 2007

On 2007-04-22 at 23:20, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> I just committed a fix for 'zpool status -v'. It should now show
> actually file names if corruption is related to file's data.

I tried the fix and it did work. However, when I deleted the file and
restored it from backup it still showed that the pool had one error.
(Showing only 0x62b as filename again). Shouldn't ZFS automatically clear
the error when deleting the file?

I tried exporting and importing the pool, didn't change anything, I then
ran a scrub and it fixed it:
scrub: scrub completed with 0 errors on Mon Apr 23 09:45:36 2007
errors: No known data errors

I would have preferred if I didn't have to scrub the pool, would it be hard
to fix it on delete?

thanks!

--
Ståle Kristoffersen