distributed filesystems

Gergely CZUCZY phoemix at harmless.hu
Mon Apr 23 10:07:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 11:33:47AM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
> >Thanks for your reply. The most recent mail on distributed filesystems
> >was this:
> >http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-fs/2006-June/001902.html
> >On the recent archives I have only found ZFS-related stuff, some
> >other things, but absolutely nothing on distributed filesystems
> >on fs@
> >From a bit of googling, i've figured out that ZFS and AFS are
> >my possible choices, so far. Important to note, that i've only
> >taken a very brief lookaround in this topic yet.
>
> Googling http://www.google.com/search?q=zfs+distributed+file+system shows that zFS you mention is not the same ZFS the FreeBSD has :)
>
> As far as I can tell, Sun's ZFS can not act as a distributed file system (in concurrent updates scenario).
sorry, it was a typo, I was a bit tired. probably because i've only seen ZFS-related
entries in the recent fs@ archives.

I wanted to say CODA and AFS.

since then i've seen that AFS's (openafs and arla) has only support for
fbsd 5.5, which is bit distressing since 7 is gettin seriously closed
to it's release.

Bye,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.