gvirstor & UFS

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Tue Apr 10 09:43:14 UTC 2007

Bruce Evans wrote:

> Apparently it get past the media size check in g_io_check() to give
> ENOSPC instead of EIO because g_io_check() only checks the virtual
> size.  To support virtual overcommitted media, it is necessary for
> file systems to either do a physical check whenever they allocate a

Ok, what about this: What would happen if I "stall" the IO ops? When I
get into the ENOSPC situation (which can happen only during BIO_WRITE),
I can add the request in an internal queue, and process it only when I
reliably determine that a new physical provider is added (which I can)?

Would it interact badly with soft-updates timeouts?