ZFS committed to the FreeBSD base.

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Apr 7 21:16:17 UTC 2007

Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 09:43:59PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > ZFS is now also available on pc98 and amd64.
> Great to read - is it just atomic.S missing for the remaining
> architectures?

Yes.  Ideally, ZFS would use FreeBSD's atomic operations instead of
its own.  I believe that the reason it doesn't is (at least in part)
that we don't have 64-bit atomic operations for i386.  I have
unfinished patches for cleaning up the atomic operations on all
platforms; I'll dust them off and see what I can do.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no