NFS4 on FreeBSD?

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Mon Apr 2 12:34:08 UTC 2007

Kerberized nfs does not necessarily mean v4.  But it is starting to look
like v4 might eventually become widely adopted.  The linux, Sun, and IBM
implementations all work and interoperate.

We did a v4 client and it's in the tree now, but sadly neglected.  It would
take some work to make it usable.  Rick Macklem has a server that works
quite well.  I don't know what would be involved in putting it in the tree.

The big thing missing from our client is security (kerberos).  We have a
later client, available on our web site, that does security but it would
need some work too.

No one is working on this right now as far as I know.

http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/