Journaling UFS with gjournal.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 23 19:14:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 04:44:58PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at freebsd.org> wrote:
+>  > There is no manual page for gjournal(8) yet. There is an option you can
+>  > use to specify journal size:
+>  >
+>  >         # gjournal label -s 2147483648 ad0
+>  >
+>  > This will create 2GB journal and the rest will be for the data.
+>
+> Cool.  I guess you can also specify the journal switch
+> interval as an option, right?

You can do it globally by setting kern.geom.journal.switch_time sysctl.

+> Oh, by the way:  Are both UFS1 and UFS2 supported?

I tested only UFS2, but it should work for both.