Journaling UFS with gjournal.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 22 10:00:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:46:17PM -0400, Rong-en Fan wrote:
+> Hi,
+>
+> This sounds very exciting to me!
+>
+> I think I must miss something in this announcement. How
+> much space will be used for journal? For example, if
+> the provider is 80G, how much I will lost due to gjournal?

The size of the journal don't depend on file system size. It more depend
on your disk speed and file system load. For example your disk can write
at 60MB/s. Journal switch time is 10 seconds. The journal provider has
to have place to keep two journals (active and inactive). So bascially
you need 60*10*2MB + gjournal headers. I think 2GB is a safe default.