Please help - adaptec 2820sa not allowing installation

Jahilliya jahilliya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 01:04:58 UTC 2006

> Ok, aac is in the dmesg.
>
> I can see both 2820sa cards in the dmesg, and I see no errors, etc. -
> there are just no drives listed in dmesg.
>
> My setup is 8 500 Gb drives in a single raid-6 array, size ~2.8TB.  Any
> problems with that ?  Perhaps sysinstall cannot deal with a >2TB drive
> ?  There are no other drives in the system besides the single 2.8TB raid 6
> array ...

Have you got any other drives you can attach to the raid?

If so, disconnect the 8 drives connected, connect up a couple that are
not part of the raid and configure them as a simple raid 1 and see if
the installers sees that raid. Or try any combination in drives to
bring the raid size down below 2TB (I'm sure this limitation has been
fixed.)